The basic principle of the form boring tool is to follow an initial roughing tool operation that is used to rough out the near shape of the blind bore configuration. This step is to remove as much material that is practical to facilitate the subsequent form boring operation. Regardless of the hole configuration, be it flat bottomed with a corner radius, full ball radius, stepped or bores that require a long taper, we at BTA Heller offer form tools with several variations of form cutters. These form cutter variations are either brazed-in-place, replaceable-resharpenable form cutters or special indexable form cutting inserts that suit the form being required.
Consider these unique advantages of BTA Heller Form Tools.
- Reduced production time – two-step operation required to produce a complex form at any bore depth.
- Reduced production costs -- finishing processes too difficult or too deep for single point boring bars.
- Hole tolerance as fine as .001" possible.
- Concentricity requirements of .001" obtainable for close proximity stepped bores.
- Surface finish of 32-63 Micro finish obtainable.
- Runout tolerance of .001" per foot obtainable with proper machine & part setup.